Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Review- Oath of Servitude by: C.E. Wilson

                          
Oath of Servitude (The Punishment Sequence)

Synopsis on Goodreads:
This is the story of Teague and Cailin, two teenagers who have been brought together by fate. Teague, a human, struggles to come to terms with the consequences of a recent accident that has destroyed the happy life that he had once enjoyed. Cailin, a pixi, is trying to stay true to herself while fighting against forces beyond her control that have exiled her from her home into this strange world of humans. She fears the darkness. He cannot escape it. But when the two of them are thrown together, they begin to discover the light inside of themselves.

Review:
4 Stars
I really enjoyed this book overall. The big negative for me was when I would become absolutely engrossed in what was going on with Teague and Cailin and it would switch to Cailin's family. I felt interrupted. Seriously bad timing. However, I understand why the author did that and I got over it. I will admit... I really was quite grateful to the author for not making the interruptions last long.(;
I felt that Cailin trusted the humans a bit fast but... it was nice.
I really thought Teague being blind really added to the story in a great way.
Cailin was a great character and I really felt bad for her. She really had not done anything wrong and yet she was being punished?!
This book is not perfect, but I definitely enjoyed it, imperfections and all. I can not wait for book two to get some answers to questions book 1, Oath of Servitude, raised.

 

Buy Oath of Servitude on Amazon



                                                              -Marissa A.K.A. YOUR VERY OWN FanGirl Hostess(:

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for an insightful and honest review, that was really interesting to read. This book looks amazing but also sounds truly unique and origonal within its genre, hence i may just have to add it to my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Comment away. (: We will almost always respond. If you'd like for us to come visit you, leave your links!
________________

AWARD-FREE ZONE! Thanks(: